The Point

I've been thinking about how nice it would be to have some sort of socializing venue for people to come together, without having any pressure to listen to nonsense.

We were driving by a Church a couple weeks ago, and my wife said something like 'We're really isolated in this country.'

It made me think people like us need a place to gather. So, in the meantime, I'm learning what it's like to gather with people who believe in mythology.


Monday, September 20, 2010

A Short Post: How to Enjoy Religion

 My Friend Michael Said:


I used to yet and treat religion as a sort of non entity. It does not exist for me but I accept it as other individuals and collective's belief system. But more and more I am brought bear to witness the insidious and relentless nature of religion and its base nature of a contagion of sorts constantly trying to spread and reek havoc.


Then I said:


Hi Michael, I just finished a rant on another topic by another Michael you should check it out, and show your wife, she will appreciate it.  

What's wrong with religion..... hahahahaha.  

Where Im at with religion now, is that I think it would be great if people just accepted that it really is just us doing it.  If you think about the ecstasy and peace and love that people get from various and conflicting religions, and realize that there is nothing up there, that the thing they're talking to is an image or sense of another person inside themselves, and that their unified worship is mainly a worship of their collectivity, than religion is much more appealing.

They should stop believing in all the mythology, or at least accept that a belief is an ephemeral thing, a loose state of connections in our little heads, and though it can be a wonderful experience, it does not touch the world outside of us, and therefore cannot do more than be felt and contemplated.

Thanks to Jaime and Mercy-Release-Me for the Coca Mate. It's helping with concision.

No comments:

Post a Comment